It almost doesn’t matter what kind of potatoes you have left over you can make them into another meal. It is really quite simple.
Left over Potato Casserole
This could be Au Gratin, Scalloped, Hash brown casserole, etc.
Place in a sauce pan and add milk (1/2 cup for every cup of left over casserole). Set the burner to med-hi and bring to a slow boil stirring constantly. Voila! You have potato soup! Toss in a bit of ham or top with some bacon to make it loaded potato soup.
These make an awesome soup when you reheat them as well but one of our favorites is:
- 1 Cup of left over mashed potatoes
- 3/4 Cup of flour
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup of milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place left over mashed potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients and mix well. The batter will be lumpy.
- Put some oil in a large skillet and heat on hi.
- Lower the temperature to med-med hi and add a spoonful of the batter to the hot oil.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the bottom of the potato cake is golden brown, flip and repeat.