Nothing complicated for this candy like vegetable side.
- 1 ½ lbs carrots sliced ½ inch thick
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place carrots in a large pan and add 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Drain any excess water.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for parsley to the pan and stir to coat the carrots.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium high heat. Stirring occasionally until a syrup like sauce has formed.
- Top with parsley and serve.